Heather's Thairy

Heather's journey to Bangkok, Thailand: a year of adventure!

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Technical Difficulties

So, my ambitious plan for the daily posting has been foiled...but I will still make an attempt to post fairly often. No pictures yet, because I am posting from the school!
It is beautiful, brand new and very well-outfitted. The computer I am using right now is probably worth more than my life.
I won't go into a lot of detail right now, just a quick update:
Got to Bangkok no problem. Will post about the flights another time.
The people are nice, the weather is hot, the shopping dangerous (cheap and plentiful, that is).
I've been told my assignment is actually grades 4,5,6 science ONLY. I'm pretty excited about that, the school is very well equipped for science.
My apartment is fine, quite a bit larger than I thought it would be, and completely BUG-FREE!!!

The technical difficulties have been with setting up my internet connection in my room: it was supposed to be up and ready to go yesterday afternoon but much to my dismay it wasn't. I'll have to see the manager about getting it hooked up today or later this week.
In the meantime it will be short entries like this with no pictures (sorry) but I'm trying to remember everything I want to tell everyone about so when I'm all internet-readied I will have tons to post!

I miss Canada but I'm also having a great time here!

Until next time,
Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home