Heather's Thairy

Heather's journey to Bangkok, Thailand: a year of adventure!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Delays, Disruptions and Digestibles

Once again, a decent and interesting blog post has met technical difficulties, time restraints, and other factors that have affected its publishing. Therefore I bring you yet another edition of "In Heather's Kitchen: A Voyage Into Tastiness".



This was a long-anticipated meal...I had planned on making it a long time ago and then ate all the ingredients in separate ways. Finally I mustered the discipline to unite the ingredients as one: Heather's Delicious Pork Burgers.
I took ground pork, egg, garlic, oregano, onion and pepper and made patties, which I put on a sesame bun with mayo, red pepper, tomato, lettuce and feta cheese.
Oh man. Who knew ground pork could be so good...I almost preferred this to a beef burger, because it stays really moist and has a really nice flavour. Leftovers are in the fridge, along with my post-mini-dinner party leftovers of spaghetti and meat sauce.

I think I devote more energy and time to cooking than to just about anything else, but I suppose it is a great stress reliever (I have this wicked sharp huge knife that I chop things with, I love it) and my elliptical is in the shop (for a whole WEEK, egad) so I really don't have many constructive outlets...plus I like to eat good food, and experimenting is fun. I made cookies the other day for my friend Zinc's birthday, and my internet was down, so I had to make up a recipe. I must say I did a pretty good job- Heather's inCredible Coconut Cookies were born.

Enough about food. The good, big post should be up within the week. Stay tuned.

Until next time,
Heather

2 Comments:

  • At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Heather,
    Wow, looks like you are making ads for Burger King or something. Yumm!

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger jessicatherockstar said…

    i am really happy to see your culinary skills being put to such good use. bring on the tastyness!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home