Heather's Thairy

Heather's journey to Bangkok, Thailand: a year of adventure!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

All Dressed Up...

...and off to school!
There is a reading program at the school where the students try to read as many books as they can. Apparently the "prize" for reading the most books, either as a class or as an individual, is having a day where the winners get to dress up. The students are supposed to dress as "fantasy" characters (though many dressed in normal street clothes). I thought it was funny and the kids loved it- it was neat to see them in their regular clothing (a rare thing- they only wear street clothes to Saturday classes).



This is my P4/2 class, 30 brilliant students who always make me laugh.



This is my P5/1 class. Somehow Osama Bin Laden snuck in there. Actually, that's Warm. He came up to me in the hall wearing his costume. I laughed and asked if he realised who he was dressed up as- I said "You are Osama" and he yelled "Bin Laden!!!!" and went running down the hall cackling. Don't know if I should be worried...mostly I just thought it was funny.

Until next time,
Heather

1 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Heather,
    Am amazed how big your class is! Wow, if we had 30 kids/class, there'd be squawking. In high school it's pretty common though. I only have 16 this year (I suspect more will come since I've got the smallest class), but they're still a handful.
    Looks like you're having fun with them. That's the best part of teaching.
    Take care, Love, Auntie Bonnie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home