Heather's Thairy

Heather's journey to Bangkok, Thailand: a year of adventure!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

So Fresh and So Clean

There comes a time in one's life when one must chip coffee grounds out of the workplace freezer. A time when one must sort through seven jars of mayonnaise and discard those deemed biohazardous. A time when one rolls up one's sleeves and dives headfirst into the vomit-stinking cesspool that once was a food storage facility, designed to keep edibles SAFE.

I cleaned the fridge at work on Saturday. It was something of an ordeal, one I decided to take on because of the smell eminating from the place I stick my lunch every day. I figured it couldn't possibly be healthy.

An hour later, having thrown away long expired milk, yogurt, salad dressing and pork steak (an inch of mold on that baby), I was satified with my work. Unfortunately I didn't take any before pictures, but here's the result:



I was feeling rather bold, probably as a result of sniffing noxious fumes for a while, so I put this note up on the door:



Did I make anyone upset? Perhaps. Probably the same people who left a molecule of marmalade or a six-month old half-empty juice box in the fridge. I imagined Monday something like this:
"Hey, where's my juice?!? I was saving that!!!"
"Heather, what did you do with my marmalade? I had a good gram left in there!!! You owe me a new marmalade!!!"


Thankfully, I only received positive feedback. We'll see how long the cleanliness lasts...

Until next time,
Heather

2 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger TheCanerdian said…

    Whoa, you cleaned your WORK fridge? Do you get overtime pay for that?

    I'm so filled with wanderlust. And I have money to afford it. If I visit you, can I bring a friend?

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, now I know who to let clean my fridge! Yes, another nasty task to pass on to someone else.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home