Heather's Thairy

Heather's journey to Bangkok, Thailand: a year of adventure!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Broken

Being here, living in another country, having the strange and wonderful experiences I've been having...sometimes it is overwhelming to think of how our lives have been split into two- our lives here, and our lives continuing (without us) back home.
A couple from the school are returning home on Monday. Unfortunately, they received some important and tragic news from home which demands that they go back immediately.
It reminds me that while I am living this life here in Thailand, my life back home is not on hold. That is a scary feeling- that much will have changed when I get back, that I may have missed many crucial events, that I may find that my return is not to what and where I thought I would return to.
In any case, it is a very sad turn of events that Catherine and Darcy have to leave, but I know that they have made the best decision considering the circumstances and that they will someday return. If not, I'll have to make the trip to Winnepeg sometime to relive our fun times together...



We had sushi tonight. It was really pretty sushi- how could I have expected anything less, this being Thailand, the land of physical appearances?






















From the left to right, top to bottom: Ryan, Catherine, Alisa and Darcy; my lovely dinnermates.



Our hearts were happy...



...but now they are broken.

Good luck, Catherine and Darcy- it was great while it lasted.

Until next time,
Heather

1 Comments:

  • At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI Heather,
    Hang in there kiddo. Hey, if you need a quick fix of home, you can always come here. We're a mere, what, 6 hour flight? The kids always comment that sometimes I sound just like your mom. BTW, Skype announced free international calling for 1 hour. Will forward to your mom and dad.
    Love, Auntie Bonnie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home