Heather's Thairy

Heather's journey to Bangkok, Thailand: a year of adventure!

Monday, May 29, 2006

New Toy

I'd been thinking about getting an electric fry-pan for a while now, but I couldn't decide if I wanted to get an electric stove or an electric fry pan. The positives of the electric stove would be I could have several pots and pans and wouldn't have to worry about doing dishes constantly or only being able to make one thing at a time, and also not worrying about accidentally submerging the unit and ruining it.
The positives of the electric fry pan would be it is less expensive, larger, and easier to use. Harder to clean, though, because I couldn't find one with a removable cook surface.
I ended up going with the electric fry pan because I found sirloin steak and shrimp at the grocery store that I could NOT pass up, especially at 75 cents for 12 BIG shrimp and 50 cents for two little sirloin steaks. Nope, it had to be done, and it had to be done tonight.
Results?
Beautiful.



Cooking nice meals for myself makes me feel a bit more like I am at home. I still feel like I am away, not in a place where I actually live, but little things like surf and turf dinner help. Plus cake for dessert.

Until next time,
Heather

1 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mom here,
    Well you sure can make my mouth water. And guess what we are having for supper tonight - fish and chips frozen style!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home