Heather's Thairy

Heather's journey to Bangkok, Thailand: a year of adventure!

Friday, June 23, 2006

All Lit Up

The other night we went to Khao San Road (sort of the white person hub of Bangkok- I've been there a few times; the first time I went I thought "This street is whiter than I am") and had dinner. When we were driving back, it was dark. There are a lot of decorations around the city for the King's 60th anniversary, and they are best appreciated at night.





It reminds me of Christmas back home...which makes me miss Canada. I miss many things about home- some inevitable, others surprising. I never thought I would miss wearing a toque, Kraft Dinner, driving in Calgary, cold water at the beach... but I do. And I miss my family, my friends, my room, my things, playing soccer, going out to "the usual places" on the weekends, being able to phone people whenever I want...

I suspect I'll come home for a visit in October. If I do, I already have a list of things that MUST occur while I'm back:
1. Play a soccer game
2. See a concert
3. Walk in snow
4. Drive through the mountains
5. Enjoy many tearful reunions and, unfortunately, sad goodbyes

Until next time,
Heather

1 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger TheCanerdian said…

    Do you ever work? Let's be honest here, this is really just one long vacation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home