Heather's Thairy

Heather's journey to Bangkok, Thailand: a year of adventure!

Monday, August 07, 2006

It Can Be Done

Where there's a will, there's a way...
I love to cook, as anyone who reads this has probably gathered. I've been experimenting more and more with my few appliances, with (I might say) great success.
But nice dinners were not enough.
No, I missed something else. Something that posed a greater challenge than stir fry or steak.
I missed baking.
Warm, steaming, fragrant baked goods coming out of the oven.
I don't bake that much at home, I really don't. But my mother does, and I think even more than eating the baked goods I missed the smell.
And so was born the mission: bake cookies.
At first I thought about shortbread, because butter is so inexpensive here. Then I realized I don't have my mother's recipe (hint hint, Mom: send 'er over), so I thought about suger cookies, being an easily made cookie with few ingredients. Then I realized that I didn't have the patience to wait for sugar cookies to chill in the fridge.
Chocolate chip cookies it was.
And HOW!



I admit that I ate about half of the cookie dough before I baked any. I figured, if it didn't work, I would still have enjoyed some of it. I baked my cookies in the toaster oven, a miraculous contraption that makes culinary dreams come true, despite only having three settings: upper, lower, and upper and lower. I guess it really has four settings: on and off are also options.



Delicious. I have no idea what temperature my toaster oven works on, but apparently it's perfect for little chocolate chip cookies. Looks like I have dessert to go with my dinners!

Until next time,
Heather

1 Comments:

  • At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Heather,
    Guess I do not have to try and send you any cookies anymore. Wow, who would have thunk that a toaster oven could bake cookies. I do not think you could do any better t home!
    Love, Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home