Heather's Thairy

Heather's journey to Bangkok, Thailand: a year of adventure!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Flower Power

Today was adventure day! I had Alisa and Steph over for breakfast this morning (cinnamon pear sauce with pancakes), then we went and picked up Catherine and headed to the National Museum. It is an impressive and large museum with many galleries and exhibits. Photography is not allowed on site so you'll just have to take my word for it: it was really great.
After that, we went to Khao San Road and I got a french manicure. Once in a while, it's nice to treat yourself to something frivolous and fancy!
We shopped a bit on the strip and went to this fabulous Indian restaurant, Taste of India. I had chicken curry and mushroom paneer- the mushroom paneer was amazing!
After dinner we went to the night flower market, somewhere I had been wanting to go for a long time and somewhere I wish I had gone a long time ago!
It is amazing!
Blocks and blocks of thousands of flowers- bags of flowers for making wreaths, bundles of flowers at wholesale prices, beautiful bouquets and arrangements... I got 50 gorgeous roses, all perfect, for 30 baht. A dollar. Fifty roses. I'm stunned. I also got a huge bunch of white orchids- so delicate and pretty- for 20 baht.


For a dollar fifty I have a fantastic collection of incredible flowers. What a great day!

Until next time,
Heather

2 Comments:

  • At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Heather,
    Those flowers are beautiful and where did you get all the vases? It's amazing that you got all of those flowers for less than one flower back here.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI Heather,
    Wow, as Popo would say, why bother growing them yourself?(Ang nee hui jong!). This is awesome! Where do they grow these? It would be cool to actually visit some of these flower farms. And how can they possibly make a profit when they sell them so cheap? Oh yeah, you're in Thailand!
    BTW, what's a paneer?
    Love, Auntie Bonnie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home