Heather's Thairy

Heather's journey to Bangkok, Thailand: a year of adventure!

Monday, March 05, 2007

Showtime!

The concert was on Sunday; the day was filled with great performances and fun. It was amazing to see all the work that had gone into the show, and heartwarming to see how proud the kids were to perform and be on stage. They worked very hard and it showed!
The Dragon Dance was a roaring success- P6 did a wonderful job. They were even asked to perform twice!

Some of the costumes were amazing! There was a big budget for the outfits...not surprisingly, a lot of emphasis was placed on appearance. Here's what 4/2 was wearing; Porsche, Coff and Prince (the boys in blue) look SO cute.



Getting organized...




Some technical difficulties were overcome and it was on with the show!


Those are the feet of spectacular performers. "Look Mom- that's me! The third pair!!!" "There's little Poon, you can tell by the way he walks! I'm so proud!"



The girls did a dance alone before the dragon came; they were wonderful. Pleng, one of the students, choreographed the majority of the dance and it looked fantastic.



The Dragon took the stage to join the girls and the drummers. It was amazing how they managed to all look cohesive. Showstopping!



The girls, looking lovely...


Jane and Titan, likely up to no good...


My Drummer Boys...


It was a day to remember...and thankfully, my memory will be aided with a DVD copy (professionally done) of the whole event! When I get my hands on it I'll hit up the Dawcee (computer whiz) for some help and get it up so you can all enjoy!

Until next time,
Heather

1 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Heather,
    TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!! What a great way to end your stay there. Bet you've started a tradition where they'll have to have a dragon every year!
    I must say your dragon is beautiful! And the kids look amazing! Will be looking forward to the live action when you get a chance.
    Sadly, I don't quite have that much of a budget (i.e. = 0), so my little guys are going to be outfitted in little paper hats. We're almost done with the decoration and so we might take her (excuse me, Him) out on the road. Will keep you posted also.

    Congratulations on a job well done! (and I'm not just talking about the dragon.)
    Love, Auntie Bonnie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home